Sunday, May 6, 2018

Keto Friendly Avocado ice cream with Lime Vitality Essential oil

Lime Vitality Essential Oil infused Ice Cream
This recipe will yield two servings (you can double the recipe for a larger batch and make sure you increase the Lime Essential Oil slowly, not all at once).

Cinco de Mayo just happened yesterday. Due to work, I could not participate or celebrate. I like to bake or make edible stuff. Sometimes I go for cookie creations, sometimes I just try a new soup recipe, and today I decided to play with my new ice-cream maker from Cuisinart.

I love Avocados and I eat them on a daily basis.  Most of the time I just scoop it out of the shell and it it that way with a little Himalayan salt. Because in our home we always have avocados, sometimes there are too many ripe avocados at once and I don't want to throw them away.

I have to mention, last month, April 1st I started on a journey to reverse a health condition...so I went on a ketogenic diet. This definitely limits of what I can eat and that kind of puts a hold on my willingness to make something that has fruits, grains, and legumes in it.  I am trying to avoid the temptation of breaking my ketogenic diet.

Anyway, lets get on to the Keto Friendly Avocado Ice-Cream making.

Ask for a sample or
purchase a bottle here
For the ice-cream I used:

  • 1 medium ripe Avocado
  • 1/4 cup Erythritol - it is a sugar alcohol (you can add more if you like it sweeter)
  • 1/3 cup sour cream 
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream 
  • 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice (I used lemon since I didn't have lime on hand)
  • 5 drops of Young Living Lime Vitality Essential Oil  
  • pinch of Himalayan Salt
Before you start making your ice-cream, make sure the freezer bowl form the Cuisinart ice cream maker is frozen (you don't hear any liquid sloshing around when you shake the bowl). I usually leave my bowl in the freezer overnight and if I don't use it then I just store it in there. 

Directions to making the ice-cream: 

Freezer Bowl
Slice open the avocado, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh. Put aside. Place the Sugar (Erythritol), sour cream, heavy cream, lime (or lemon) juice, the Lime Vitality Essential Oil and the salt in a bowl and with a hand mixer (or standing mixer) mix it till the sugar has melted. Add the avocado to the mix and beat it on high till it's fluffy and smooth. 

Assemble your Cuisinart ice-cream maker by placing the freezer bowl, the paddle and the lid and turn on the ice-cream maker.  Pour the mixture into the freezer bowl and let it churn for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye out as it might get too hard and won't churn. 

While the ice-cream was churning, I toasted some pistachios and chopped them. I've also beat up some heavy whipping cream with some Erythritol and a little vanilla extract according to taste for my final touches. 

When the ice-cream is done it will be a little on the soft serve side...which I don't mind. If you want it more solid, remove it from the freezer bowl, place it in an airtight container and freeze it for about 1-2 hrs. 

Cuisinart ice cream maker
Serve it just as is or with the pistachios and heavy whipping cream. 

BTW: This is what the Cuisinart ice cream maker looks like. You can also make frozen yogurt.

I found this ice-cream recipe on www.twopeasandtheirpod.com website and just altered it to make it keto friendly. 

Recipe from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz






No comments:

Post a Comment